“Dr. Robert D. Wallace has been recognized for many years as one of the best plastic surgeons in the United States and has an international reputation for his work in craniofacial, cleft, and cosmetic surgery. He has been on Castle Connelly’s Top Doc list and Best Doctors award for many consecutive years. In addition, he was selected by Newsweek magazine in 2021 and 2022 as one of the top 100 plastic surgeons in the USA on their list for facelift and rhinoplasty surgery. In 2022 he was honored by Memphis Business Journal with the Healthcare Hero award in the physician category for his work in pediatric and craniofacial surgery. He has published multiple medical articles and book chapters in plastic surgery literature.”
Recognitions and Honors
- Newsweek Magazine Top 100 Plastic Surgeons in the US: 2021 Facelift and 2022 Facelift and Rhinoplasty
- Memphis Health Care Hero Honoree Physician Category 2022
- Castle Connelly “Top Doc” 2006-2022
- Best Doctors® in America Honoree 2003-2022
- Malcom Fraser Community Service Award (NSSLHA) 2008
- Dr. Wallace has been recognized in “Best Doctors in America,” and listed in “America’s Top Plastic Surgeons,” by Castle Connolly for many years running.
- He has a 5-star rating on realself.com and is known for his meticulous surgical technique in facial, breast and body cosmetic surgery.
- He is an internationally recognized expert in craniofacial and cleft surgery and the most experienced in the mid-south area.
Education and Training
- Medical Degree: Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Internship: Surgical Internship, Naval Medical Center, San Diego, California
- Department of Surgery and the Department of Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery, Naval Medical Center San Diego, CA
- Plastic Surgery Residency University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee
- Craniofacial Surgery Fellowship with Dr Daniel Marchac at Hôpital Necker-Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Academic Titles in the Past:
- Chairman, Department of Plastic Surgery, UTHSC
- Professor of Plastic Surgery Department, UTHSC
- Program Director – Plastic Surgery at UTHSC
- Program Director – Craniofacial Fellowship at UTHSC